Job Opening: Technical Consultant
Spartan offers a wide range of consulting, development services, and technology for internationally focused organizations of all sizes. We have built a robust business in the localization industry based on our three core values: Reliable (People), Scalable (Process) and Cost-Effective (Technology).
We started out in 2008 as a one-person consulting firm, and we’ve grown steadily as a team of software development professionals and subject matter experts. We have taken large scale applications from concept to production for our long-standing clients, and deliver mission critical software on time and within budget. Most important of all, we have developed lasting relationships with our clients and partners. Our industry is experiencing tremendous growth due to globalization and the explosion of online content worldwide.
Why join Spartan?
With us, you will be exposed to engineering, consulting, business operations, and career development.
What’s cool about joining Spartan?
- We’re improving localization across the globe and you’ll help clients from overseas or in our backyard.
- We have a profitable model, industry leading solutions, and happy clients to keep us running.
- You’ll learn from subject matter experts and you’ll become one, yourself.
- We’re a great place to learn about running a business.
You will be responsible for the discovery of requirements, managing project timeline, budget and deliverables, and ultimately deliver robust and feasible solutions to our clients.
You will oversee and lead all project members both on the client side and our Engineering team throughout the project lifecycle. As a consultant, you must understanding the business needs, transform those needs to concrete requirements, define the scope and phases, architect and design solutions, validate and support the delivery of the solutions. You will also manage client accounts overall and have the opportunity to provide value-added consulting services to enable clients to adapt to changing needs.
Here’s more detail on what you’ll do:
- Lead engagements for high profile customers with complex business objectives.
- Manage client requirements, expectations, project scope, timeline, and budget by following our project methodology and documentation practice.
- Oversee the delivery of solutions with Products and Engineering by being intimately involved and hands-on with the solutions.
- Manage multiple clients and engagements at the same time.
- Communicate with prospects and customers to understand their needs and propose solutions.
- Prepare and conduct presentations and demonstrations of the solutions to clients.
- Troubleshoot and resolve implementation issues.
- May travel up to 20% of the time including some international travel to clients and industry conferences.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a strong candidate:
- Project management experience at a consulting firm or in the professional services department of an enterprise software company.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely both verbally and in written form.
- Experience working with multiple teams or roles from business users, technical teams, to business executives.
- Some knowledge or experience with programming languages. You don’t have to be a software engineer but knowing basic programming and development procedure will be helpful.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and changing environment. You will be switching context between clients and projects frequently so the ability to document and organize information is crucial.
Bonus points for:
- Experience implementing enterprise software
- Knowledge or experience with the translation/localization industry
- Knowledge of translation management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or PMP certification
What we’re offering:
- Competitive salary.
- Fidelity SIMPLE IRA to help you save for the future.
- Full medical and dental benefits. We cover 100% of the premiums for employees.
- Pre-tax FSA Transit and Parking Plan.
- 15 days PTO + 10 paid holidays off annually + the day off on your birthday
- Opportunity to travel internationally to attend industry events and conferences.
- Relaxed office close to BART, Muni and bus lines in the Financial District of San Francisco.
- We do a lot of team lunches and 1-on-1s here. We believe very strongly in the importance and benefits of setting aside time to talk, whether it’s on your team or with company leadership members. We’re a place where we want your voice to be heard.
- We value work-life balance here at Spartan, which means regular work hours and flexible schedules so you can manage your priorities outside the office.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org